Nourish Your Newborn- Prenatal Breastfeeding Class
Nourish Your Newborn is the perfect class to set mom and baby on the road to breastfeeding bliss!
Breastfeeding is of course, the biological norm but it’s still very much a learned skill. Even under ideal circumstances, it has its own challenges and we want to make sure you have practical tools and resources clearly outlines BEFORE your baby arrives to make that postpartum transition and steep learning curve a bit smoother.
In fact, research shows that women are far more successful in reaching their breastfeeding goals when they attend a prenatal breastfeeding class and we want to make that even easier for women here in Regina!
This 2-hour class is focussed on the following topics:
- The first hour after birth and why it’s important
- Normal newborn behaviour and what to expect in the early days and weeks of your baby’s life.
- Fundamentals of a good latch
- How to know if your baby is getting enough milk
- How to support your newborn as they learn
- Sleep and the first few months of baby’s breastfeeding journey
- Trouble shooting when problems arise and much more!
- $75/Couple This includes any support person you choose.
Postpartum Home Visit
In the early weeks, breastfeeding can seem a bit challenging, so it’s important to remember that you’re still learning! Having access to the proper support when questions arise can have an extremely positive impact on your breastfeeding goals.
That’s where we come in!
We offer in-home Postpartum Breastfeeding Support sessions to help review the basics of infant feeding, provide hands-on assistance and practical household suggestions to make things as easy as possible as you learn. If we believe that you need more in-depth support, a referral will be made to ensure you are on the path to successful breastfeeding.
Breastfeeding Educator, Martha Neovard, has been in practice for the past 7 years helping families get off to a healthy start and our team would love to help in any way we can.
Also, please take a minute to learn more about some of the Frequently Asked Questions when it comes to breastfeeding support and how we can help.